The end of summer in Lake George? No worries!
Summer might be coming to an end in the Adirondacks, but September events in Lake George NY mean there is still plenty of fun to be had!
September means the beginning of bonfires and s’mores; comfortable temperatures for all sorts of outdoor activities from fishing to golfing; crisp nights that are perfect for concerts in the park; farmers markets and an endless array of festivals and Lake George NY attractions!
The end of summer means fewer crowds, but these Lake George events are always crowd pleasers!
September events near Lake George NY
- Saturday and Sunday, Sep. 1st & 2nd: Adirondack Independent Music Festival at the Charles R. Wood Festival Commons in Downtown Lake George
- Sunday, Sep. 2nd: Lake George Bar Crawl in Downtown Lake George
- Sunday, Sep. 2nd: 13th Annual Lake George Triathlon Festival
- Wednesday, Sep. 5th: Annual 50’s and 60’s Musical Variety Show at the Little Theater on the Farm in Fort Edward, NY.
- Sep. 6th – Sep. 9th: 30th Annual Adirondack Nationals Car Show
- Sep. 7th – Sunday, Sep. 9th: 27th Annual VetteFest Weekend at the Queensbury Hotel in Glens Falls NY.
- Sep 8th – Sep 23rd (Weekends Only): Oktoberfest at the Great Escape
- Saturday, Sep. 8th: Lac du Saint Sacrement Elvis Dinner Cruise on Lake George
- Sep. 9th – 15th: Lake George Restaurant Week (over 15 restaurants participating in Lake George)
- Sep. 14th – Oct. 13th: The Long Weekend at the Lake Theatre at Holiday Inn Resort in Lake George
- Friday, Sep. 14th: Warrensburg Riverfront Farmers Market Apple Festival in Warrensburg NY
- Friday, Sep. 14th – Sunday, Sep. 16th: 4th Annual King George Fishing Derby at Charles R. Wood Park in Lake George
- Saturday, Sep. 15th: Adirondack 5K at Adirondack Brewery in Lake George
- Saturday, Sep. 15th: Adirondacon Tabletop Gaming Convention at the Aviation Mall in Queensbury NY.
- Sunday, Sep. 16th: 5th Annual Food and Farm Festival at Crandall Park in Downtown Glens Falls
- Sep. 20th – 23rd: 46th Annual Adirondack Balloon Festival at Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport in Queensbury NY
- Sep. 21st – 23rd: Living History Weekend at Fort William Henry in Lake George
- Saturday, Sep. 22nd: Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival beginning in Schroon Lake NY
- Saturday, Sep. 22nd: Bolton Landing Boats & Boating Festival on Lake Shore Drive in Bolton Landing NY
- Saturday, Sep. 22nd: Annual Theatrical Cemetery Tour at the Glens Falls Cemetery
- Sunday, Sep. 23rd: Lake Luzerne Annual Halloween Pugs & Pumpkins Party in Lake Luzerne NY
- Saturday, Sep. 29th: The World’s Largest Garage Sale in Warrensburg, NY
- Saturday, Sep. 29th: Zombie Run 5K at the Great Escape
- Sep. 29th – Oct. 28th: Fright Fest at the Great Escape
- Sunday, Sep. 30th: 26th Annual Taste of the North Country in Glens Falls NY
There is always something to do in the Lake George Region in September. Check out our Guides for tons of information on children’s activities, beaches, water sports, arts & culture, golfing, history, hiking and biking trails and more September things to do near Lake George!