Situated in a 1917 canal terminal building. The museum, established in 1959, tells the story of the community since it’s settlement in 1759 through artifacts, photographs, and a diorama depicting the shipyard where the first US Naval Fleet was built in 1776.
The museum is open daily, mid June through Labor Day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and on Sunday noon to 4:00 PM.
From Labor Day through mid October, the museum is open weekends, Saturday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and on Sunday noon to 3:00 PM. Appointments may be made for other visitation. Handicap Accessible.