In 1772, The Old Fort House Museum was constructed by Patrick Smyth with timbers taken from the ruins of Fort Edward (a French and Indian War fortification). The Old Fort House is one of the oldest frame structures in upstate New York and a focal point of a 3-acre museum campus. Both British and American troops used this house during the Revolutionary war as headquarters, including British General Burgoyne. In July 1783, both George Washington and James Monroe (before either were President) dined at the Old Fort House while on their way to and from Crown Point. The Fort Edward Historical Association schedule several activities and Historical Education Programs at the Museum. Tours available. Shop at the Museum’s Gift Shop & browse the large selection of books on local history – open during museum hours.
• Open 1-5PM daily (June to August)
• Open 1-5PM weekdays (September to Mid-October)
• Open by appointment for schools & motor coach tours (year round)
Adults $5.00, children (13-18) $2.00, children (12 & under) FREE, families $15.00.
Special Museum Event:
Country Fair & Antiques Auction (July 28, 2018) – This annual event at the Old Fort House Museum features arts & crafts, antiques & collectibles, books, plants, garage sale & vendors; refreshments & lunch available too. Time: 9AM-4PM (auction preview 9AM, sale 10AM).
For more information, click on Old Fort House Museum