Great Escape Fun Park and Splashwater Kingdom
Lake George, NY
This Six Flags Park is one of the state’s largest theme parks. With over 135 thrilling rides, a splashy water park, and truly special entertainment & shows, The Great Escape offers a unique experience. Features include a full outdoor water park, 7 roller coasters, live shows, and a themed children’s section with rides and attractions. From a hair raising drop tower to thrilling roller coasters, kid friendly rides and a FREE water park, the Great Escape has fun for the the entire family!
Thrill seekers will love the Alpine Freefalls water slide complex, standing six stories tall featuring Cliffhanger drop slide and Twisted Racer. All new this year is the Screamin’ Eagles, a highflying interactive ride that allows guests to pilot their own flight and promises excitement for thrill seekers and families alike! The Great Escape also introduces Marshal’s Stampede Indoor Bumper Cars, The Blizzard Indoors, and the All-Season Dining Pass. With thrill rides like the Comet and Sasquatch along with Timbertown Children’s area – there is something for everyone! Whether you spend the entire day, or just a few hours, it’s a Great Escape! Park hours vary.
Special 2013 Great Escape Events
- Opening Weekend 2013: May 18-19
- Season Pass VIP Days: May 24, June 21, July 7, August 18
- Bring a Friend FREE: June 16, July 7-28 (Sundays), Aug. 26-Sept. 2, Sept. 7-29 (Weekends)
- July 4th Fest: July 4-7 (fireworks on July 5th at 9:15PM)
- Jingle Bell 5K Run/Walk: July 13
- Summer Fireworks Series: Fridays & Saturdays (July 19 – Aug. 10)
- Heroes Week: July 22-28
- Fright Fest Blood Drive: October 3
- Fright Fest: October 4-27 (Weekends) – see below
- Bark in the Dark: October 6
- Zombie Run 5K: October 12
- Pumpkin Smackdown: October 27
Weekends in the Fall – October 4-27 (Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays) – Enjoy terrific terrifying Halloween fun for the entire family: trick or treat trails, costume contests, haunted houses, & zombies roaming the park, as well as roller coasters & rides! Chilling Thrills by Day – street party, magic show, cookie decorating, pumpkin painting, magic show, trick or treat trail, scream contest, costume contests, & more. Terrifying Fright by Night – haunted attractions, shows & street entertainment, as well as Malice in Wonderland, Skull Manor, Saloon of Darkness, & more! All new scares for 2013: Ghost Town Dead in the West & Nightmare at Crackaxle Canyon.
Six Flags Great Escape is open May thru October. Visit website for more information.