Carl Heilman II-Photography/ Wild Visions, Inc.
Photography • Workshops • Online Store
Carl Heilman II – is an award winning professional outdoor photographer who leads photography workshops and tours in the Adirondacks, National Parks, and other naturally beautiful areas. He has been photographing wilderness landscapes since 1975 and has a passion for spending time in the Adirondacks. Photographer Carl Heilman II has been featured in several PBS programs, published regionally and nationally in books, magazines, and calendars, exhibited throughout the New York region, and gives photography workshops at The Wild Center, Adirondack Mountain Club, Adirondack Life, Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts, Lake George Association (LGA), and the Lower Adirondack Region Arts Council (LARAC). Workshops are also provided through his family run business, Wild Vision, Inc. They provide both photography and Photoshop workshops to the public, as well as photography prints and related products through their online store.
Visit NaturePanoramas.com to view unique 360 degree virtual tours of landscape panoramas from all over North America, photographed by Carl Heilman II. A variety of the panoramic photos of the following areas are available to view:
• Adirondacks: Foothills, High Peaks, Lake George, Schroon Lake, and Waterways
• National Parks: Aradia, Bryce, Death Valley, and Zion
• Eastern US: Massachusetts, New Hampshire
• Western US: California, Montana, Nevada
Please note that all of the photographs featured on this page were taken by Carl Heilman II. To better appreciate the beauty of these featured images, click here to view them collectively displayed together. To view all of Carl Heilman’s photo galleries, visit his website here.
Scrolling Panoramic Computer Screen Savers – select from several beautiful images from New York, Montana, Maine, New Hampshire, South Dakota, and Aruba (including Lake George, the Adirondacks and New York City) for a free personal desktop wallpaper for your computer.
Workshops • Programs • Events
Carl Heilman shares his 30 years experience as a nature photographer through numerous photography workshops and tours. Greta Heilman does graphic design, photo enhancement, and gives several Photoshop workshops. Choose from a variety of their Nature Photography Workshop, Photography Tours and Photoshop Workshops & Classes available for all levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). They include the following:
• Comprehensive One Day Adk Outdoor Photography Workshops (beginner/intermediate)
• Advanced One Day Outdoor Photography Workshops (intermediate/advanced
• Adirondack Nature Photography Tours (intermediate/advanced)
• Digital Photography/ Photoshop Weekend Workshops (beginner to advanced)
• Four and Five Day Outdoor Photography Workshops (beginner to advanced)
• Introductory Photoshop Workshops (beginner)
• Day Long Intensive Photoshop Workshops (beginner/intermediate)
• Advanced Photoshop Techniques (intermediate/ advanced)
There are several types of Workshop, Tours, and Programs to choose from. Please note that since there are a limited number of spaces per workshop, it is important to pre-register; however, private workshop sessions are also available.
Click on the following types of workshops/tours for more information:
Snowshoeing Workshops: Carl Heilman is also a New York State licensed guide. He has written several articles on snowshoeing, and leads back country snowshoeing workshops in the Adirondacks. Find out more.
Online Store • Products
Enjoy all of Carl Heilman’s beautiful natural photography in a variety of ways that are great for gifts:
Photography/ Fine Art Prints • Posters • Books • Mugs • Calendars • Videos/ DVDs • Puzzles • Stock Photography
Scroll down for details, and visit website for additional information on products and purchasing.
• Photography/ Fine Art Prints
Select from assortments of fine art print galleries by Carl Heilman including: Lake George photos, prints and panoramas, photographs and panoramas of other lakes, Adirondack High Peaks prints, Montana prints, Albany skyline panoramas, and more! Visit website for custom print prices, framing costs and ordering information. Click on photos below to enlarge.
Choose from: Adirondack Park, Lake George, Schroon Lake, Mt. Washington, Squam Lake, and Lake Winniepesaukee.
Several books are available to choose from. Purchase through Wild Visions, Inc. (which you will receive an autographed copy) or through Amazon.
1. “Photographing The Adirondacks” (2013)
2. “The Landscape Photography Field Guide” (2011)
3. “Contemporary Landscape Photography: Professional Techniques for Capturing Spectacular Settings” (2010)
4. “Lake George” (2009)
5. “The Coast of Maine” (2009)
6. “Backroads of New York” (2007)
7. “Adirondacks: Views of an American Wilderness” (2006)
8. “Our New York” (2006)
9. “Wild New York: A Celebration of Our State’s Natural Beauty” (2005)
10. “Two in the Wilderness” (2005)
11. “Adirondacks: Views of an American Wilderness” (1999)
12.”The Best of Nature Photography” (1999) – Carl Heilman is one of the 39 photographers featured in this book – which includes a collection of images and tips from the country’s top professional photographers.
Ceramic Carl Heilman photography coffee and travel mugs at “Mountain Mugs” – www.adkmug.com
Choose Adirondacks or Lake George photography calendars.
• Videos/ DVDs
Chose from: “Wild Visions” video, “The Wild Adirondacks” DVD, and “I Am the Adirondacks” DVD.
• Jigsaw Puzzles
Four jigsaw puzzles with beautiful scenes to choose from:
Lake George Narrow, Lake George – First Peak, Whiteface Mountain, or View from Van Hoevenburg.
|Lake George – First Peak||Lake George Narrows|
• Stock Photography
Carl Heilman’s stock photography is available for licensing. His images have been used for commercials, calendars, books, editorial, brochures, posters, catalogs, televisions, and murals for businesses and museums. Panoramic and standard format images of the Adirondack Park and other North American areas are offered.
Click here for more information on Carl Heilman’s stock photography, the searchable CD database of over 30,000 North American images, and usage fees.